Thursday, 29 November 2012

Interesting Wikilinks


  Last week, I finished Wikipedia Project Part #3, which was a very interesting journey. I know that if you add [[  ]] to a word, click that word; you will go to another Wikipedia article. But I did not know that this word must be exactly same as the title of another article. So, for example, when I added [[ ]] to bird, bird would not become a wikilink, because “Bird” is the actual title of the article. Since that, I must write like this: [[Bird|bird]] in order to change “bird” to a wikilink.

  Then, I was also interested in the application: [[Target page#Target section|display text]], which will lead users directly to a specific section of an article. But, I was not sure what I should enter in the “Target section”. So, I tried to enter the number, such as 1.3, showed in the contents first; however, that didn’t work. Then, I tried to enter the subtitle; this time, the wikilink leaded me to that specific section.

I have added many wikilinks in different articles. It was very interesting to check if a special article exists, and add wikilinks to the relevant articles.

2 comments: