Thursday, 22 November 2012

Test Examples


          When I was doing Project 1, I found I did not understand what the examples in check-expect expressions should look like. For example, when I was answering the first question, I initially wrote down that:

(check-expect (clarify-color (make-color 78 89 98 23))

(make-color  (color-red  (make-color 78 89 98 23))

                      (color-green  (make-color 78 89 98 23))

                      (color-blue  (make-color 78 89 98 23))

                     (cond

                        [(> (+ (color-red  (make-color 78 89 98 23)) (color-green  (make-color 78 89 98 23)) (color-blue  (make-color 78 89 98 23))) 650) 0]

                          [else (color-alpha  (make-color 78 89 98 23))])))

Then, after I finished all the questions, I thought this is wrong. Since this check-expect expression was not different from its definition, though the test passed. Then I changed this check-expect expression to that:

(check-expect (clarify-color (make-color 78 89 98 23))

                        (make-color 78 89 98 23))

      So, I just conclude that usually, check-expect expression is simpler than its definition expression, since the result can be directly written in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment